1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

access 2013 database

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by nphcpa, May 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nphcpa

nphcpa Thread Starter

Built an accounting database:AR, AP, CD,PR,JE, GL........etc.

Looking for help with some access 2013 issues.

1 Need to tie all those tables to create a general leger and a financial statement(It's not the GL I'm concerning
    about as much as how to move data from tables to GL

e.g.- For AP every entry on a form has two sides one debit another credit and they need to be reflected in
    GL by account number and that where my problem is

2 In my forms need to have a multiple line entries per transaction (like a sales order)

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

nphcpa, welcome to the forum.
    I am not sure what "AR, AP, CD,PR,JE, GL........etc." are, but it sounds like the overall design of the database may not be optimal.
    The fact that you have to have the "move data from tables to GL" suggests that the data should be in a GL table but identified by it's source and split up via Queries for data input/editing.
    As for item 2 it sounds like you should have a "Line Entry" sub table and subform for the Transactions.
    Can you show me a screenshot of your table Relationships?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1125481

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice