Access 2K Date/Time Format problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bird Byte

I run a query for a quarterly report that has 8 fields, 2 of which are dates. The dates have to be in the mm/dd/yyyy format. When I run the query everything displays correctly. when I save the data to a table everything displays correctly. However, when I export it to a comma delimited txt file, the time also displays: mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00. I checked the formatting for the 2 date fields, and they are both the 'Short Date' format with an Input Mask of 99/99/9999;0;" ". I also tried using other placeholders, which didn't work.

I can get rid of the 00:00:00 if I export it as a tab deliminated file, but then I lose the commas, which are a requirement. The report has to be a .txt file, with strings wrapped in quotation marks, dates (no time) in the mm/dd/yyyy format, and fields separated by commas with no spaces in between.

Are there any other places I should try to change the format, or tricks to make sure the date and only the date print? Or is it an Access glitch and I need to do a re-install? Thanks for any help.

OBP

Add a column using the expression left([date],10) and export the query.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online