1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access Database Creation

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Mary Wedor, Jun 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mary Wedor

Mary Wedor Thread Starter

I am creating a database to track customer, vendor, and investment information. I want my queries to include the following:
    • By Vendor
    • By Customer
    • By Mature/Surren Date
    • By Investment type

Later down the road...I want to create a form to input new customers. I want the form to have a pull-down menu for both the vendor and the investment fields.

I was thinking I should have a Vendor Table, Customer Table, and Investment Table. However, Vendors and the investments they offer vary from vendor to vendor -- A vendor typically has between 1-40 different investment options.

2. downwitchyobadself

downwitchyobadself

In that case you will want (1) your vendor table, with their names and details and an ID-key field, (2) the vendor-investment table, in which each vendor's ID key from table (1) is used with the various investment options offered, (3) a customer table, with their names and an ID-key field, and (4) a customer-investment table, in which the customer's ID key is cross-referenced to the selected vendor investment record(s) from table (2).

Hope that makes sense. You might want to check this link for a more thorough introduction.

3. wedor

wedor

Thanks DWYBS, Mrs. Wedor will be by to thank you and ask any other questions on Monday.

I just realized I missed on of the initials! all fixed now.

4. Mary Wedor

Mary Wedor Thread Starter

Thank you DYBS, that will work! I haven't worked with Access for a few years so I'm a little rusty. I appreciate the time you saved me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/84278

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice