1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access Database - HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Stm123, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stm123

Stm123 Thread Starter

We use Accessdata base to keep track of all our orders. All of sudden two days ago, I go to the "main switchboard" and I get a blank order entry form. In that form, there is a small clickable box and when I click on that it says "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: The expression you entered has a function name that Microsoft Office Access can't find. *** The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. ***There may have been an error evaluating the function, event or macro."

I have no idea what this means. Please help.

thank you,
    renee

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

The first thing to try after taking a backup copy of the Database is a "Repair & Compact" of the current one. You should open Accees, not the database and then choose Tools>Database Utilities>Repair & Compact. Choose the current database to repair and Compact and save it under a new name. Open the newly named, repaired database and see if it still has the same problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/382787

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice