Access Database locking up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gkimble

Account Disabled
When I go to generate a report in an Access database that consists of about 10 plain text pages, the program crashes. Task manager says not responding. ONLY Access is open, nothing else. And this is a 1.3 Ghz with 256 megs ! Any pointers ? Thanks !!

Is the database on a local hard drive or a server? Sounds more like a local resource kind of problem. Is the report set to print directly after running?

gkimble

Account Disabled
It's on a network drive, even though people can make changes at the same time, I think it's having a problem generating a report when everyone is looking at the database at the same time. I will go find out.

Anne Troy

Anne
What's the report like? Have you tried recreating it? I know it's no fun if it's fancy-schmancy, but often you can just copy and paste from one report into another.

Does the same thing occur if you just PREVIEW the report?

gkimble

Account Disabled
Well, Anne, it works now. Sometimes I just have to reboot. One of those things you just have to live with. The way the database is set up, there is no way to preview a report. I type in the dates from the start say September 2002 untill January 2003 and it takes about 20 seconds to come up with 30 pages.

Anne Troy

Anne
Ok, G. If it continues to occur, try this:

Create new, blank DB.
File-Get External Data
Pull all objects from your DB into this new one.
See if the report causes errors in this one.

Very often it's the container that makes Office files go corrupt (i.e., fix Excel by copy sheets to a new workbook or fix doc by copy text to a new doc).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts