1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access Database query

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by warney316, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. warney316

warney316 Thread Starter

Hi folks i am relatively new to using Access Databases and have a query

i have created a form in Access which users manually input data into and i trying to work out if its possible that when data is entered into 2 fields called actual hours and hourly target (both long integers) then a calculation can be done and put into another field within the same form

The calculation would be actual hours/hourly target

Hope that makes sense

Thanks in advance

(y)

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

warney, yes that is quite easy to achieve.
    Do you want to store that data in the Table's field (not normally recommended) or just display it (normally recommended)?
    The calculation requires the use of some fairly simple Visual Basic code which I can create for you.
    If you just want to display the calculated data then you use an "Unbound Field", it cannot be used however with Form in "Continuous Form" mode though.

3. warney316

warney316 Thread Starter

Hi ODP - thanks for the response

i think the calculation would be for disply purposes as i will then use the figure returned in 1 final calcualtion. Does that make sense?

Any help or advice wouild be greatfully received

Cheers

4. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

warney, if you are going to use the calculation in another calculation on the form that will be Ok, but if you are going to use it elsewhere then it might be better to have it in the table.
    Can you give me the exact names of the 2 fields to be divided and the name of the field to put the result in please.

5. warney316

warney316 Thread Starter

ODP - the calculations will be on the same form

The names of the fields are 100% hourly target and Actual Cases - the calculation is Actual Cases / 100% hourly target - this will go into the field called 100% time

Thanks

6. warney316

warney316 Thread Starter

Hi ODP,

Would it be easier to understand if i sent you a copy of the form and database?

Thanks

7. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

warney, I have sent you my email address via private mail.

8. warney316

warney316 Thread Starter

Cheers ODP i have sent an email

Thanks again

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/724806

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice