1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access Database Text Field Seperated By A Comma

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by computerman29642, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. computerman29642

computerman29642 Thread Starter

Is there a way in Access to have a report with data like BB900, 10/1/2006 behind a barcode? Then have a form with two columns. The user would scan barcode. The first column would hold the information to the left of the comma, and the second column would hold information to the right of the comma.

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

If you have the two items - the text and then the date in fields called field1 and field2, respectively, in a query in which both fields are accessible (they don't have to be shown in the query, just available for use), then enter the following as an expression
    =([field1] & "," & [field2])
    Then base your report on that query.

3. computerman29642

computerman29642 Thread Starter

Slurpee, the report is nor generated from this database. I have a software that generates the report. I then take a scanner...scan the barcode of on the report to enter the data from the report into this database. As fo right now, the barcode only contains this data BB900.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish. The user has a stack of reports. On the first report there are three barcodes containing this three numbers BB900, BB902, BB903. I need a specific arrival date to be entered for all three.

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

create Expr1 in the query, and then just enter =Date() as the value. Then use Expr1 instead of Field2?
    But you would need VBA to hold the date upon closing the file.

5. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    When it scans you could have a macro do a setvalue and set the value of the three date fields to today's dates using a now function.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757821

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice