1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access Database

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by escherspenci, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. escherspenci

escherspenci Thread Starter

Hi

I have a DB that I did. It works fine except when I click on a cancel button on a text box and then it gives me the error shown below. Im totally lost as to why its doing this. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Even just pointing me in the right direction. I posted it as a zip file on this site

http://www.geocities.com/jbfen/index

the password is horror (and sorry for subject matter of horror movies)

Attached Files:

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Listen...I looked and can't find anything wrong with it. I recreated the button (find by director), and it appears to work fine...just tells you the macro has been cancelled.

This isn't the first time I've been unable to find something wrong with something in Access...I'm pretty sure it's not uncommon either.

3. escherspenci

escherspenci Thread Starter

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to reply. If I follow you correctly is the box that appears just an information box to say that the cancel function has been carried out? And if so, is it possible to remove it so that no message appears and the user would just go back to the main page?

Thanks again for your time, I really do appreciate it. And this is leaving me clueless.

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    My thinking is this. There's no message box being created via code, so we can't control it that way. The message box is forced by a parameter query. Perhaps you should be using something called "query by form", and call up a form in which you enter the value you're searching for instead of having it as part of the query. I know you can search google for "query by form" and find yourself some info about it.

Generally, a message box created by code has types.
    The type this would be is something like vbOKCancel. In this case, you'd change the message box type in the code to be vbOK instead. That way, no "Cancel" button would appear or, perhaps we could code what happens on cancel. But we're not creating that msgbox in code, so can't control it.

I won't swear I'm right about all of it tho. :)

And no problem on spending the time...I've got all day.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/225858

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice