Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Access Database

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  OBP 
#1 ·
Hi i created an access database for students that keeps track of their personal information as well as a monthly evaluation that they have to fill out, however i do not know how to create a button that i can place on the form that can allow the administrator to go to each student by either last name... sort of like a search engine. I don't know how to do this though, as well as just making a query that only gives me information for just 1 person and i don't have to manually put in the information in the criteria.. this i would also like to make a button or something of that sort..

please help!!! I'm close but no cigar!

#7 ·
When you create the Student Table you also Create a Relationship between that table using the StudentID to the Table(s) holding the Student's other data.
You should then create a Main Form for the Student and the other data is displayed on one or more Sub Forms. The Main and Sub forms are "Linked" by the StudentID.
If you need help with this just attach a Zipped copy of the Database to this thread using the "Go Advanced" and "Manage Attachments" buttons.
I will create the Table/Queries/Forms for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.