Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Access database

3K views 36 replies 5 participants last post by  jimr381 
#1 ·
Hi, i'm new for using database (mic. access)
i hope u can help me.
i'm currently developed a database using microsoft access. the database is about an insurance company. i need to do a database that store the unit manager, agen, client, policy and proposal.
i had build the table and relationship. i also had input the agen and unit manager (UM).
but what should i do now.
i need to separate each agen according to the um and also the client.
i also need to give output so that when i insert um code or agen code, user can see the client info, or the agen info.

please.. i really need your help...

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum.
If you want it to display based upon the UM or Agent then you can make a form with a subform . For printing purposes you will want to create a report and group by Agent or UM.

#6 ·
I said I would upload this, but, after looking at it, I think you are trying to get your homework done here.
For instance, there are several tables, but they have abbreviated names (Agen instead of Agent, for instance).
There is one form based on a table that doesn't exist.
The file size, when I compacted it, decreased by about 2/3, making it look like this is no "fresh start".

Attachments

#7 ·
I've stayed stolidly silent in this thread for at least 5 hours 'cause of the homework/business project thing. I will say, though, khaiken, you might want to remove that email address from post #4. You might get a lot of spam email otherwise.

chris.

[edit]
I've conceded it might be genuine, but if that's the case, khaiken, your questions are far too general for us to address effectively. You're basically asking us to teach you the principles of database design. Do you have any more specific questions?

Slurpee, if you were able to compact it that much, it tends to corroborate the OP's story. Skeleton DBs distributed for school projects are usually virgin.
[/edit]

#9 ·
thanks for everything, this is not a school project, just something that i have to master in order to help my brother, but thanks.i dont want you to help me completed this project, but just give a hint on what should i do.and just tell me what is my mistakes so i could learn to be just like all of u..

#11 ·
Khaiken, Using Slupee's version, the first thing to do is to create a Query for each of your tables.
Then create a Form using the Form Wizard for Inputting the Agents using the Query for the Form's data.
Create a Form to enter the Client data using the Query for the data source.
Create a form to enter the Policy data using the query.
Create a form to enter the Proposal data using the query.
When you have got that far send me another private mail.

Each of your forms should have a Command Button to close the Form, you can use the Toolbox Command Button Wizard to create them.

#15 ·
It is not advisable to "insert" an Agent or UM code, it is much better to select them from Combo boxes, do you know how to create a Combo Box using the Toolbox Combo Wizard?

Can you tell me what the BIL filed is used for in the Status Table please?

#17 ·
You should look at the Access Help for Combo boxes, you do not create a new Form to use it, you add it to the form that you want to use to display the data.
You do not need a Status table to hold the Satus of, I assume, a Policy.
The Status should be a field in the Policy Table.

#25 ·
The simplest way is to have a Form which has either a Combo box to select an Agent or a UM.
On the lower half of the Main form you have a Sub Form which displays the Client and or agent data.
This form uses Master Child Links to limit the records to the selected Agent or UM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.