1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access Database

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by redflyer, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redflyer

redflyer Thread Starter

Hi all,

I have an issue with an access database. When I print out a report one of my columns only prints out 4 out of the 5 digits. This happens with 2 machines. On other pcs the 5 digits appear in output of the report. I have checked the resolutions of the pcs and they are the same. I have expanded the column widths in design view and still the problem persists. I cannot figure out why only 4 digits appear out of the 5.

Can anybody help?

thanks

2. cristobal03

cristobal03

I wonder if it has anything to do with the regional settings? That's a real long-shot and should probably be my fourth or fifth guess, but I can't come up with anything better at the moment. What's the data type for the number?

chris.

3. redflyer

redflyer Thread Starter

The format caption we have is called "Project Number". There is no drop down to select from.

It is a strange problem.

4. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

It may have something to do with True Type Fonts, if the levels of Windows or Access differ slightly they may be using different Font Drivers.
    Can't you make the Column slightly wider or reduce the font size by 1?

5. Rockn

Rockn

Could also have to do with screen resolution and the field width not being set wide enough to deisplay on certain resolutions.

6. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Double check to make sure the margins are set the same for the multiple PCs. If not I am guessing they had the "Autofit fields in the report" checked off when they were creating it via the wizard. This enables the shrink to fit property for a field, which will do just that. ;) When teaching I always have people preview the report right afterwards in case the fields are being chopped off. If that does not work out for you let us know and we will look at other things as well.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/687257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice