Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Access database

815 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  OBP 
#1 ·
I have an access data base program that we use as our special orders program, we use to be able to have more than one person log into this, but now only one at a time is able to.. The file is shared for all users.

thanks.

#2 ·
Chad, you need to check how the users are opening the database, do they use Desktop Shortcuts?
sometimes they open Exclusive. You also need to check the Main Menu>Startup properties to ensure that hasn't been set to exclusive.
And last check with whoever runs the "Shared" drive that they haven't changed anything.
Is the database "Secured"?
If all else fails, create a new Blank Database and Import evrything in to it from the original and see if that will "Share" ok, if it does rename the old one and then rename the new one to the original database's name.

#7 ·
Ok, I created a new access database, copied it over to the server, I can open that one on multiple computers, when I try the special Orders one, it will only open on one computer at a time. Any thoughts? The special orders database was created in access 2003, and is now being used in access 2007. It didn't start when we installed access 2007, it started about a couple months after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.