1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access database

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dragonlight, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dragonlight

dragonlight Thread Starter

I have an access data base program that we use as our special orders program, we use to be able to have more than one person log into this, but now only one at a time is able to.. The file is shared for all users.

thanks.

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Chad, you need to check how the users are opening the database, do they use Desktop Shortcuts?
    sometimes they open Exclusive. You also need to check the Main Menu>Startup properties to ensure that hasn't been set to exclusive.
    And last check with whoever runs the "Shared" drive that they haven't changed anything.
    Is the database "Secured"?
    If all else fails, create a new Blank Database and Import evrything in to it from the original and see if that will "Share" ok, if it does rename the old one and then rename the new one to the original database's name.

3. dragonlight

I am running access 2007, and have checked all that you have said. Everything is as it should be. Any other suggestions would be great.

4. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Is your database split?

5. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Did you try the "New Blank" database method, because if that also has the problem it is likely to be a Network Drive setting?

6. dragonlight

I will give that a shot also... Thanks.

7. dragonlight

Ok, I created a new access database, copied it over to the server, I can open that one on multiple computers, when I try the special Orders one, it will only open on one computer at a time. Any thoughts? The special orders database was created in access 2003, and is now being used in access 2007. It didn't start when we installed access 2007, it started about a couple months after.

8. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Is your database split? If so try working with the back-end database as well and see if that is giving you issues.

9. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

If you can't easily find a fix for the original, I would transfer to using an "Imported Copy" as that works OK.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700071

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice