1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access Db Permission Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cuteselvanayagam, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cuteselvanayagam

cuteselvanayagam Thread Starter

Hi guys,

Whn I am open one Access file (*.mdb) file it says :
    You do not have the necessary permissions to use the <name> object. Have your system administrator or the person who created this object establish the appropriate permissions for you. (Error 3033)

How can i open this file... If anyone come across this problem pls let me know the procedure to open this file....

waiting for your quick reply.....

CUTE

2. Shrimp782

Shrimp782

The only reason this should have happened is because you are not logged on as an administrator. If you think you are, you can always go to the control panel and find the user section. If it says you are an administrator, then the file could be corupted. I would need more information to fully help.

3. cuteselvanayagam

Hi Shri,

No I have accessed it through Administrator only... not through the user previllege.....

4. star7

star7

Right click on the Access file - Properties - Security tab, add Full Control to this file.

If there is no Security tab, you may need to enter Safe Mode.

5. cuteselvanayagam

Dear Shri,

I have done all those thing.... those are the intial steps which i have done already.... it did not work....any how thanks for your reply..... any way I will check on this and I will update you.... thanks.....tc

6. cuteselvanayagam

so sorry previous message for not shir .... that is for Star7.... I am extremley sorry Shri....

7. foxydude

foxydude

what version of access are you using ?

8. cuteselvanayagam

access 2003

9. foxydude

foxydude

I would go to Tool>Security>UserandGroup Permissions. Look at the Owner Tab. You can also create an unsecured version by using the User Level Security Wizard - Tools>Security>User Level Security Wizard

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!