1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access Deleted Admin Profile Data

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Lolly G, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lolly G

Lolly G Thread Starter

Win 2000 Prof: Deleted Admin profile!
    Can view deleted file ...000 but am unable to restore it. Is there a program that will let me go back and see all info on hard drive and find my deleted administraor & password so I can access old files?

2. rawmeat

rawmeat

Welcome to TSG!

If you can't restore the profile, can you copy it to a new location? Even with that and copying over the default profile probably will not restore the admin account. You could try to repair the system, but I am not sure that would work either as it is not the same as the old NT repair where you could reset the registry to the last saved state. Your best bet is to do a clean install in the same folder and re-install all of the apps. Then from the new admin account you can take ownership of any files you need.

Good Luck!

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!