1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

access denied error message

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gkimble, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gkimble

gkimble Account Disabled Thread Starter

For some reason I cannot access the "My Pictures" folder under "Documents and Settings". It gives me the error "Access Denied" But it's mine ! It's on the local C: drive, although I am on a company network, but that shouldn't matter. Please help !

2. Monstrous Mi

Monstrous Mi

Are you sure the folder you are trying to access is yours? Under Documents and Settings, there are various folders that are given permissions. Can you log on as 'administrator'?

If you can, then check again for the permissions of the folder you are trying to access.

3. gkimble

i AM the administrator ! (don't laugh) i should know why there is an error message but our network has been acting very funny lately.AM

4. Monstrous Mi

Monstrous Mi

Are there any users other than administator? It is possible that administrator has no rights to access the folders of some users.

If you right click on the folders and select properties, you can then check the permissions for that folder.

5. gkimble

I cannot even right click it ! However, somehow I accessed it in another way (i forget how) and saved it to the desktop. I looked at the attributes and properties, everything looks fine. So the user can use it from the Desktop until I figure out the error message. Thank you for your help.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!