1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

access denied error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hedypedy, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hedypedy

hedypedy Thread Starter

Running Xp Pro sp2

While searching thru the forum I saw one or two other access denied postings. They all knew the program they were working with. I don't know what I did.

The other day I reinstalled my HP printer and camera. Decided to go to msconfig startup, and uncheck them did not need them to run all the time. A day or two before I downloaded a program called cloned cd 42.02 and left the start up alone. While in startup I decided to uncheck all unneeded programs. Received this error: Access denied error returned while attempting to change a service. Youmay need to log on as adminstratr to make the specified changes. Well, I am the administor.

As my name states I am not a techie so I decided to go to system restore and restore to a point before any of these were installed. My system restore was turned off. Do not remember ever turning it off. So back to msconfig and tried to delete and after restarting every uncheck I got rid of all the run in the back programs. But, still get the message.

Tried to change name of administrator still denied access. Ran in normal mode and safe mode.

Deleted the program cloned cd Reinstalled program. Everything else seems to run great.

Can this hurt the computer if I dont get rid of it.

very :confused: :confused: but hopeful you will help

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

3. hedypedy

hedypedy Thread Starter

Thats for responding. Before I wrote to the forum I tried all that. Everything shows me as the only administrator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!