1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access Denied installed HP w2007 Monitor Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by nbender, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nbender

nbender Thread Starter

Hi there,

Just purchased a new system which came with Vista Home Premium installed. On start up I am always getting the message telling me to update my drivers for the HP w2007 monitor. The monitor seems to be working fine, and the properties of the montior say it is 'working properly'. However it says no drivers are detected

When I try to update using the CD supplied with the monitor I get the 80070005 access denied error and therfore cannot install.

Can anyone help? Is my monitor not working optimally? Or is this just an annoyance?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

2. Sponsor

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Does this monitor have usb connections or speakers?
    Generally no drivers are needed for a monitor; vista has plug and play monitor drivers.

Do you have any yellow marks in device manager? Post a screenshot of DM.

4. nbender

nbender Thread Starter

No usb or speakers (well, speakers integrated with monitor)

Will check my DM when I get home - at work now. Monitor seems to be working fine - a little grainy when I play DVDs in full screen mode though - just thought the lack of specific drivers might be causing this.
    Thanks

5. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Technically, there are no such thing as monitor drivers (at least in Windows). The "driver" is an INF file (information file) that tells the video card how to display images on the monitor. You can usually get this file from the monitor manufacturer.

By the way, if I were you, I would never install Windows Update hardware drivers from Microsoft. The drivers from the manufacturer are always better. This includes drivers from Microsoft.

Courtney

6. nbender

nbender Thread Starter

Well, no yellow marks in DM and playing with monitor resolution improved the grainyness I spoke of when playing DVDs - so the monitor does appear to be working properly.

I am just concerned that this issue of 'access denied' is going to rear it's head again...we'll see.

Thanks for the input

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/687509