Access Denied

Evanco

Access Denied: You Don't Have Permission to Access ****** On This Server

Hello, I have recently been getting the above message whenever I try to log in to some sites. It wasn't like this until a few days ago. Why is this happening? Some places say that I need to use a VPN to resolve this, but I shouldn't need to; why does it all-of-a-sudden not work? I am using Mozilla Firefox, but other browsers and even other devices can't log on to those sites.

Couriant

James
Can you give examples on what site you are having issues with?

Evanco

Additional information: I do not use a VPN, and I contacted my ISP. They said that they do not filter websites in any way. The error is present for any device and any internet browser.

Couriant

James
OK. So the issue is present with any device in your network. Then either you have a device on your network that filters traffic (I have one for my kids called Circle) or your router has the filtering. Do you have a modem/router combination or do you a separate router?

Evanco

OK. So the issue is present with any device in your network. Then either you have a device on your network that filters traffic (I have one for my kids called Circle) or your router has the filtering. Do you have a modem/router combination or do you a separate router?
I have a modem and a router. I have not encountered this problem before md can’t recall changing anything.

Couriant

James
If you have a separate router then let’s connect a computer directly to the modem and shut down both for a few minutes. If your modem is also used for cable phone, remove the battery. Then power up the modem only after a few minutes and once powered and showing online status turn on the computer and you should be online. Try the sites and see if you get the same issue.

Evanco

I need both because I need to use WiFi if I want to use the internet on my iPad.

Couriant

James
I need both because I need to use WiFi if I want to use the internet on my iPad.
Right but for a test, you would need to bypass the router to see if you get the same issues, then you can confirm that the issue is on the ISP side.

Couriant

James
Where is the blue cable going to and coming from? Unfortunately the pictures are not that bright. Can you confirm what port name or number you see!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online