1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access Denied

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by freddie, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. freddie

freddie Thread Starter

I went on the internet and run a Trojan scan it tells me that I have a Trojan name "BLADE RUNNER 0.80 ALPHA" it tells me that it can't delete it so I went to where it was and tryed to delete it but a box comes up saying...... cannot delete Access denied make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not in use....Can anyone tell me how to delete it...I am running windows 98se I have Norton syetem works an it is updated but Norton is not finding it as a virus and I have Spybot Search & Destory... Thanks for any help... Freddie

2. BlueSpruce

BlueSpruce

Hi freddie ,

Reboot in Safe Mode ( Tap the F8 key on Reboot , select Safe Mode ) Navigate to BLADE RUNNER 0.80 ALPHA and Nuke it! Shutdown & Normal Reboot.

Good luck

3. starwaves77

starwaves77

Freddie,

From safe mode, open REGEDIT,
    start / run / regedit <type,

Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then Software > Microsoft >Windows > CurrentVersion > Run

Now remove the key: System Tray
    Reboot the computer and delete the file that was running from the tray icon.

Retest your system with this trojan detector:

Bo Detect - trojan hunter

:)

4. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

If F8 doesn't work, tap the CTRL key.

5. freddie

freddie Thread Starter

Thank you BlueSpurce rebooting in safe mode let me delete it and I have run the scan again and it is gone THANK YOU....

6. BlueSpruce

BlueSpruce

You're welcome

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164044

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice