Access denied

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

beerncheese

I was curious if someone could please help me. I have a problem accessing a few unsecure web sites. It's probably not a good idea to post their URL's here.LOL. Accessing other websites is not a problem. My wifes computer can access them using same ISP, same password, same everything basically. I've tried everything, deleting Active X controls, deleting temp internet files, disabling my popup stopper. When i try to get on the websites, it gives me the page cannot be displayed. I'm not an expert at this by any means, but i think i have been banned. My data processing teacher told me that there is a number "burnt" into your modem that they can deny acces to their website. I can't understand why i would be banned, i'm not a hacker. I thought of buying a new 56k modem and being done with it as a last resort. Is there anything i can do?

Often this occurs because you do not have cookies enabled. Try looking in your Browser > Tools > Internet Options > Privacy and see how you handle cookies.

Also, if you are using a firewall, it could be in your firewall's privacy settings. I don't know anything about the modem situation; sounds like an urban legend to me!

beerncheese

I have tried both of these options and it still doesn't let me in. I went to the Microsoft website telling me how to disable the firewall and set my computer to accept all cookies. I appreciate your help, though.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online