Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Access display photo from combo box selection

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  OBP 
#1 ·
Hi all,
need a bit of help, I'm creating a dog database, I have a list of dog breeds and I have created a combo box for selection. I also have photos of all the dogs on the combo box list. On a form how do I get the correct dog picture to appear in a box once a selection is made in the combo box?

Thanks in advance

(Using Access 2016)

#2 ·
Do you have a field where the Photo curently appears?
To chnage the photo requires some fairly simple VBA code.
I have Databases in Access 2000-2003 which do what you want, but they may not work with 2016, so I would rather not provide those due to the amount of de-bugging you would need to do to get them working.

#3 ·
My wife has a Simpsons data base with pics.
She has a table of characters with characterID, The table has OLE Object field with pics (bit maps in this case). There is a tab control object on the form that will display upto 3 different pics depending on the dropdown select. The form is based on a query which includes the pics.

#4 ·
Thanks for the replays didn't get back to you sooner busy with other priorities.
I may not have been too clear at the start of the thread, I have created a table with the breed and a picture of that breed and other details and I can scroll through the records ok.
On another form, I have a combo box with the breed list when selecting a particular breed i would like the picture of that breed to appear in a picture box next to breed name.

The dogs breeds names, pictures and details are in a table called "Breeds"
I'm working on a booking form using a "bookings" table with elements from the "breeds" table as well as a "customer" table.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.