1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access emails from Outlook after the drive has been formatted? No pst file saved!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by marko1887, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marko1887

marko1887 Thread Starter

Hi I would be really grateful if anyone can help me out with this problem...

Girlfriends mum has gone away on holiday... my hard drive broke... I borrowed girlfriends mum's hard drive, formatted it and installed my own OS on it.

Girlfriends mum calls she can access email address from the email provider abroad (blueyonder.co.uk) but she says that she needs to delete some emails because apparently her inbox is full. I didn't think and installed new OS without saving any of her outlook files to an external HD. No pst file, address book nothing!

I have logged into her email account online and she only has six emails there.

Which brings me to my question, has the old outlook stored up the old emails? Are they on a server somewhere? As I stupidly formatted the old hard drive without transferring the outlook files is there any way to rescue them?

Any help or suggestions would be awesome and help to save me from the dog house!

SUMMARY: email inbox full, email account linked to outlook on hard drive which has been formatted, no outlook files saved (pst) need to delete old emails which can't be seen on email providers web site, HELP!

Once again thanks!

2. Impera

Impera

Hi,

If outlook was configured to download the messages without having a copy on the server, then all the files are gone after the drive formatting.
    You can try the Symantec Unformat or Unerase programs to try getting the whole drive back to the state before you format the drive. It is not 100% reliable that it will unformat or unerase all your data, but you can give it a try. Unformat will revert the WHOLE DRIVE, so any info you have now will be "lost".
    Both programs run under DOS, so im not quite sure if you can make a bootable Floppy or USB and load the files there, then run them and see what happens.
    Other than that, I do not remember any other programs to get information back.
    It might worth a try this links:

http://www.softonic.com/s/unformat

http://www.download.com/Active-Undelete-Data-Recovery/3000-2248_4-10125714.html

Good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/792505

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice