1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access error More than one table listed in From

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by wzvh3c, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wzvh3c

wzvh3c Thread Starter

I get the following error when I try to generate a report: The Specified field 'tblCase.Desc' could refer to more than one table listed in the FROM clause of your SQL statement.

My O/S is XP and I am running Access 2000. It is true that I have two fields labeled Desc in two different tables however I think I have fully qualified them in my report generation. My report is base off a query and the query gives no error when I run it and shows the appropriate data for both fields. However when I run the report based off the query I get the above error. When I select the "Control Source" for the text field in the report I get a list of all the fields in the query. Among the fields that I can select are tblFTP.Desc and tblCase.Desc. I have selected other fields in the drop down list including tblFTP.Desc and I get no errors when the report is run. However when tblCase.Desc is selected as the control source for the text field I get the above error. I have renamed the field in the table and made the appropriate necessary changes and the problem is resolved. However I would prefer not to do this because of program changes that would need to be made if label field changes where made. Any suggestions to get around this problem would be appreciated. Thanks. I

2. dmgaddy

dmgaddy

Check the elements of the report for a control named only "Desc"

3. wzvh3c

wzvh3c Thread Starter

Thanks for your suggestion. I think I did what you suggested and I am still getting the same error. I found a label named Desc and I renamed it to ftbDesc, I closed the database and reopened it and tried it again and got the same error. I then deleted all labels and text boxes in the report except the text box were I reference tblCase.Desc. Got the same error even after I closed and reopened the Database. When I go into the Expression Builder GUI and select the report I see no fields called Desc listed. I assumed this is where I should check for an element in my report called Desc. Any other suggestions

4. dmgaddy

dmgaddy

Rather post it on the board. I can check from home on Access 2000. (I am running 2003 and 2007 here at work).

DG

5. wzvh3c

wzvh3c Thread Starter

Yes I can zip the file it is 240Kb zip file. What is the address you want me to send it to? Thanks for trying to help.

6. dmgaddy

dmgaddy

Check your Private message for my contact info.

7. wzvh3c

wzvh3c Thread Starter

Dg, I tried what you suggested =[tblCase].[Desc] and I got the same error. I'm sorry I didn't think to comment out the call to an add-in. It is the call to PutBlobs in the Basic module that I forgot to comment out. I think I have some how uncovered an Access 2000 bug. I appreciate your efforts, if you had other suggestions I would be will to try them. Thanks again. - Rick

8. OBP

OBP

wzvh3c, do you mind if some of us try and help?
    can you post the zipped copy on here?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703952

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice