1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access Form Help Please!

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Rollin_Again, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Thread Starter

I have an Access form that dispalys our company's Vendor information (name, address, phone, contact, etc.)

The first control on the form is a Combobox that contains all the Vendor Names. The combobox is a bound control to a field in the associated table. After selecting the Vendor name from the drop down, 10 text fields are populated on the same form with the Vendors detail information.

The same form is used to Add a New Vendor. After clicking on the "ADD VENDOR" button. The combobox is hidden and replaced with a textbox. After saving the new record to the table, the textbox is hidden and the combobox is made visible again. Even though the new record has been saved to the table, the combobox will not show the newly added record unless I close it and re-open it. How can I make the updated data appear in the combobox list?

I have tried using .Requery with the combobox name and I have also tried refreshing the form using .Refresh with the form name but can't get it to update.

I know how to do all this database stuff using straight VBA and SQL Statements but I am using forms and buttons that were created by the wizard and I really don't understand all the DoCmd events and other crap that Access automatically creates for you.

Rollin

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/252870

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice