1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ACCESS: Form shows record for each record in subform

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by scottwallace, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scottwallace

scottwallace Thread Starter

Hello All,
    I have this database I built for all my music CDs. It is searchable by artist, date recorded, venue, city , state, notes and track title. The search works fine but I have one issue. I use a subform for all the track titles and it displays the correct songs for the CD. However, I get a record for each song. So if one CD has 16 songs I get 16 records for that CD. In my sample dB I have 7 CDs but it shows 117 records because that is the sum of all the songs on those 7 CDs. I want it to show only the 7 CD records and not a record for each song and still be searchable. I can make it show the way I want but then I can't search by song title. I attached my condensed database version to look at in case my description seems a bit convoluted. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Scott, your Mainform should not be based on the qryRecordings, it should be based on the qryBand. But then the filter won't work as you currently have it. You would have to split the Filter in to Mainform and Subform Filters.
    It is the correct way to do it, but is it worth the extra effort of getting it working when it does what you need?

3. scottwallace

It probably isn't worth the time. It does work perfectly except for that one thing. Being so anal I guess it bothers me. Thanks for taking a look.

4. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Well if you want to make it how you want it we can certainly help you to do so.

5. scottwallace

Appreciate it. I'll mess around with it and call on you when I get over my head. LOL.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/955780

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice