1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

access help

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by mem5008, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mem5008

mem5008 Thread Starter

I have a form in access, and when I go to save it as an access data page the information i put in the form doesn't appear. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I am also getting an error message about the OLE application. It is saying that I have to reinstall it. Do i have to have a certain version of access in order to use data access pages?

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

Where are you placing your data access page? Where is the datafile it is writing to?

3. mem5008

mem5008 Thread Starter

I'm not quite sure I know what you mean. I am hitting save as and then choosing data access page, and then when i go to open up my data access page the form is blank when before i saved it it did have information in it.

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

Are you meaning to create a form? A data access page is really meant to be used on a web page with the data stored elsewhere...if you are building a form to enter data into your database, save it as a form.
    If you look at the attached, when you look at a data access page and then go to View, Field List, it shows you what your page is dependent on and the location of that database.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596896

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice