1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access help

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Charles_Bukowski, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Charles_Bukowski

Charles_Bukowski Thread Starter

Hello everyone.

I have an access problem. I am trying to create a query that will show me a field only when there is a quantity in that field. I know this is probably very simple to do but I don't know Access at all. :confused:

2. OBP

OBP

Put in the Criteria Row for that Field
    Is Not Null

3. Charles_Bukowski

That works but here is the problem. This something that we are going to send to a jobsite. The data that I have has dozens of customer part numbers for. What I am trying to do is show the customer part number with the building floor number when there is a quantity entered. For example:

If a customer orders from us 500 of their part number "Gasket A" but its spread out among 15 floors of a building than I want the display the cusomer part number with a bulleted style list underneath it with all of the floors it was used on.

Does this make any sense?

4. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Well you could try an extra table or query where the floor data is stored and using a join or simmilar.

I would have to look a how that data is stored.

5. Charles_Bukowski

I am attaching an example of what I am working with.

What I need is for the "Mark" or "Tag" number (which is really the customer part number) to show the total number of frames per floor.

Attached Files:

6. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Hi Charles,

I get the idea, I tried to download the zip file but I cannot open it, it returns a bad header error.
    Can you mail it als another type of attachment?
    Let me know.

7. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Run a report and group by pathnumber and then jobsite. If you have the floor numbers in the dataset then you sort by those to put them in numerical order and have a total at the bottom of the group.

If you want to summarize by floor then add that in as a tertiary group.

8. OBP

OBP

Charles, I have some questions about your database.
    First and most important, you have no Relationships set between the various tables.
    How is the data related particularly the 2 Frame and Floor tables?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700246

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice