Access help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

karlhaywood

Account Closed
i need to create a database to check what tasks we have to complete and who they have been assigned to. Can somebody advise what is the best way to go.

Thanks

OBP

Karl, are the people involved in this project in one of your other databases?

karlhaywood

Account Closed
in the people tasks table do i need the ID's from the other two table? Where off to Wales tomorrow.

OBP

Yes you will need them.
Your timing is good, it is thawing here.

OBP

Mainform from People and Subform from PeopleTasks, use a combo to select the Tasks.

karlhaywood

Account Closed
I was actually going to use a memo field for the tasks, because they will be different everytime. Everytime i try and use a subform i have an error, i must be doing it wrong!

OBP

They look fine, will you need any dates in the PeoplesTasks or tasks tables?
Do you create a form based on a query to use as the Subform?

karlhaywood

Account Closed
I have added "expected completion date" to the peopletasks table. Shall i create a query based on that table and then a form based on the new query? I was worried that the relationships were wrong because i enforced "referential integrity" on each side, is that correct?

OBP

Yes that is correct. I would create the form as you have suggested.

karlhaywood

Account Closed
OBP i have a problem, i have created a form based on the new query, but the PeopleID and TaskID are showing as text boxes with a number in, instead of combo boxes. Why is this? Take a look at the attached screenshot.

Attachments

OBP

Are you using Lookup combos in the table?
If so remove them.
Did you create a peoples Form?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online