Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Access is Denied, (Permissions Error?)

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Elvandil 
#1 ·
I receive an Access is Denied error when trying to modify system files. when i check permissions for my windows folder it shows that standard user accounts have more privileges than everything else including administrators. they all have special permissions only(screenshot). is this normal? how do i restore access?

my computer was fine until i started changing some settings in the control panel the other day. i cant say for sure what caused this. i wanna say that it happened when i went to "Control Panel > Ease of Access Center > Change administrative settings > then checked apply all settings to the logon desktop and applied. tried system restore but now that won't even work(error message after restart).

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8190 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, 896 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 368254 MB; D: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 111791 MB;
Motherboard: EVGA , 132-CK-NF78, 2, 1
Antivirus: avast! Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It is illegal to modify system files belonging to Microsoft.

Only administrators have access to system files. "Special" permissions are not necessarily higher privileges than standard ones.

#5 ·
Applying a custom theme is not legal if files belonging to Microsoft need to be hacked in the process. Reinstalling will restore the same files that you have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.