access mail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hoglie

when I try to access my outlook account I keep getting this message
401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials
any help to fix this would be appreciated

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You need to check your email address and password for any errors. If you still can't get in, try contacting Microsoft to see if you can reset the password.

hoglie

I checked my email and password they were ok,but I reset my password anyway and it still gives the same error message.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are you retyping the updated password in when you try this? I'm just wondering if the old one is cached somewhere, and that's causing an issue for you.

hoglie

yes I'm using the new password,I even used ccleaner clear everything just incase still no different outcome

hoglie

I am,I've decided that since I use it as a backup email I might just setup a new account

hoglie

For some reason it is working again,must have been a microsoft problem. Thanks for the help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online