1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access not showing all records

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jamesb2, Apr 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesb2

jamesb2 Thread Starter

This one have been baffling me for a while now. I have an access database with a front end backend configuration (nothing fancy). I employees open the front end which shows the available jobs. No problem. Here's the problem. If they are in the office and open the database they can see all of the jobs. If they are remote and logged into terminal (win2k8 r2 standard) not all of the jobs show until I reboot the server. then everything works correct for a few weeks. After a few weeks, not all of the records show in the database and I have to reboot the terminal server again.

Additional notes. My network is as follows. 192.9.200.0 mask 255.255.240.0 gateway 192.9.200.169. Terminal server is the same network and subnet but the gateway is .7 because it's on a different internet connection.

Thank you in advance. this has been bugging me for a while now.

2. Chawbacon

Chawbacon

First Name:
    Jack
    Hello jamesb2,

Admittedly, I have not encountered this particular challenge; however, if I put on the old incident response hat (stress on old) :) , this has the feel of a service/program related memory issue, possibly a connection state issue, or a host of shall we say "other opportunities."

Personally, if high-availability is not required, I would circumvent the issue by setting up an established weekly maintenance window and recycle the affected services through an automated script, or even a weekly reboot of the affected server (not a bad idea for MS based OS platforms anyways). ;)

Unless someone else has encountered the same, or very similar, issue; it may require a much bigger project of monitoring services, logging, memory allocations, connection states, etc. in order to track down the root cause. It definitely does not hurt to ask though, the next person to respond may have a solution for you.

Best of Luck,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226435

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice