1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access: Open a form based upon a users user group.

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by firestormer, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. firestormer

firestormer Thread Starter

I have two main types of users. Staff and Technician

When the database opens i want FrmStaffMenu to open if the user us in the Staff user group and Switchboard to open in the user is in the Technician user group.

How do i do this?

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

firestormer, assuming that you have "Secured" the database then I use a start up form that is based on a query on a User Table, where the [Application].[currentuser] is used in the query's Criteria Row for the User Field which contains the Users Logon Ids.

3. firestormer

I havnt got a 'User' table in my database, but is it possible to user the data in the Workgroup information file ive created?

4. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

firestormer, I have never found a way to get the User's workgroup(s) and there is nothing in the help about it, Which is why I created the User Table.

5. firestormer

When i open the workgroup infomation file there are no tables visble but there are 4 queries.

One of these queries is called MSysUserMemberships

When i run the query it asks me for a user name. It then shows me groups that the user belongs two.

Any idea how i can use this?

6. firestormer

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/549779

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice