1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access Print (tell certain pages to print multiple times)

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by chudok01, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chudok01

chudok01 Thread Starter

So I will try to explain this without confusing anyone. I already have a Work Order database. This database prints the Work Orders (Report) to be completed. What is asked is that we add the Work Order Tickets (that attach to the finished product. The issue is the tickets can be anywhere from 1 to 10+?

Example the Database will kick out 4 Work Orders - between these 4 Work Order pages I will need the tickets to Print, Work Order 1 needs 3 tickets, Work Order 2 needs 1 ticket, Work Order 3 needs 10 tickets and Work Order 4 needs 5 tickets.

Currently this is a Report in Access. I am not sure how I can repeat pages in the report depending on the # of tickets I need.

Let me know if this makes any sense.

2. OBP

OBP

Hello again.
    I assume that your table holds the Ticket print requirement somewhere?
    If so you can then set up some simple VBA to print the Ticket X number of times (x = table value) in a for next loop.
    So Print Report
    Get Ticket number required
    Print a page per ticket in a for next loop.

3. chudok01

chudok01 Thread Starter

I would like to upload a sample of the Access database with the finished report that has the sub report that needs to be printed X number of times. I am really not sure where I would place this VBA code. How do I attached the Access database?

4. OBP

OBP

You should Compact & Repair the database and then zip it.
    You use the Upload a File button to upload it.

5. chudok01

chudok01 Thread Starter

Attached is the file.

thank you!!

Attached Files:

6. OBP

OBP

OK, I have had a look at the report.
    How many times do you want the Sub report to appear?

7. chudok01

chudok01 Thread Starter

In the Work Order Ticket Summary Table the data field called "Print" lists how many times I want these sub-reports printed.

8. OBP

OBP

OK, will repeating the report/subreport that many times do what you want?

9. chudok01

chudok01 Thread Starter

I only want the sub-report to repeat. So for 1 main report that prints, the sub-report will repeat however many times are in the "Print" field.

10. OBP

OBP

But what about the information at the top of the Main report page?
    Shouldn't that be on each page, or can each subreport be on a separate page?

11. chudok01

chudok01 Thread Starter

I have attached some screenshots with notes - hopefully this makes more sense. The current layout of the report and sub-report are correct with what is on each page. So An example is pages 1-3 of the 'Work_Order_Ticket_Summary_Mill_With_Tags'. Page 1 is a Grouping page and only prints when the Sort Field changes. page 2 is the main ticket and only prints once and page 3 prints the amount of times that the field "Print" on the Work Order Ticket Summary tells it to print.

Attached Files:

12. OBP

OBP

Currently the sub report is not printing at all, should it be?

13. chudok01

chudok01 Thread Starter

The 'Work Order Ticket Summary subreport' is a sub-report inside the 'Work_Order_Ticket_Summary_Mill_With_Tags' report. It does print only once at this point for each main ticket. (see attached) but it only prints once instead of the Qty needed from the "Print" field on the 'Work Order Ticket Summary' table.

Attached Files:

14. OBP

OBP

I see on my version there is a blank page between the main report and the Sub report.
    As it is on a separate page I think I can probably provide a VBA work around.
    Do you normally print out the whole table at once or by Item?

15. chudok01

chudok01 Thread Starter

The whole table at once.

and with the blank page - this probably has to do with margins - this portion uses the whole page and sometimes on different computers/Access versions it adds the blank page.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212146

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice