1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access Question

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jkpats, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jkpats

jkpats Thread Starter

Hi,

I am creating a search engine type of database in which ultimately I would like the user to basically be able to double click on their final choice and have a copy of that particular report.

There are around 60 different reports that will have the exact same name as the final search results....so I'm hoping there is a way that when the person selects their subject and double clicks on it will open the report with the exact same name ?

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in adavance

2. Rockn

Rockn

Your description of what you are looking for is kind of vague. You can pretty much customize any report to pull results from a user input type of form.

3. jkpats

jkpats Thread Starter

What I've done is give the user an option to pick from multiple different recipes that appear after their search results appear....I've attached a .doc to see what I'm talking about.

From this page I want the user to be able to double click on a specific recipe and a report will open of that specific recipe.

Thanks again for the help.

Attached Files:

4. Rockn

Rockn

Set up an OnDoubeClick event for the textbox to fire off the desired report based on the controls value.

5. jkpats

jkpats Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply....that's exactly what I want to do, but I don't know how to set it up ?

I know the On DblClick function, but I'm not sure about the code I would need to set up for the correct report to open ???

Thanks

6. ransford

ransford

jkpats,

Before you can do this you will need to have a unique identifer so that when you click on say "Doll Cake" access knows what report to open.

What are the fields in your table that you have given us a "form" screen shot of?

Where have you stored the details of the recipes (instructions)?

The reason I ask about "where you have stored the recipes" is that access reports are properly not the best place for formatting text that you would require in a recipes.

Just another observation, you could achieve with a combo box on a form what you have with you continious form.

For something like recipes I would use Cascading combo boxes. The first combo box would have a list of “Types” (Soups, Main meals, Deserts, Cakes, Biscuits) the second combo box “Recipes” who then only show the recipes equal to the item selected in the first combo. You could also use more combo boxes if you want to break it down further.

Just to finish off my ramble I would properly use Word to hold the recipe details and open them from Access.

I have attached a sample db

Attached Files:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322547

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice