Access: Relationship Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

timmycl_7

Hi,

I have an access database (2000) with an employees table and a training tbl. I have come across a stiutation whereby I need to include agency employees on the system. I have created a seperate agency table as I need to store different information on agency employees. In my employee table I have a five digit employee number and in the agency table I have used and autonumber to create an employee number for agency staff.

The employee table has a one to many relationship with the training table. I want to create the same relationship with the agency table and training table but it won't allow me to enforce referential integrity. It is coming up with the following error message.
AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED. IT IS 3201. YOU CANNOT ADD OR CHANGE A RECORD BECASUE A RELATED RECORD IS REQUIRED IN TBLEMPLOYEES.

Has anyone come across anything like this or do they know what the error means?

Regards

OBP

You can't relate an autonumber to a five digit ID number as you are trying to do.
Create a seperate field in trainng with a number (Integr or long) to relate to your agency autonumber

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online