Access Reporting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hotdiamond

I have a very large Access database in which I need to calculate compliance rates. Half of the fields in my database are value lists with a range from 1-5. I want to count the number of 1's vs. 2's vs. 3's and so on. Then I need to come up with a compliance rate for each value. For example, if I have a total of 11 records and out of those 11 records, 5 were 1's. I then need to get a complaince rate by saying 5/11 = 45.45%. Is there a way to do this within the report function of Access?

The other half of my database I just need an average. Most of them are number fields, but two of the fields are yes/no. I need to know how to get an average of my number fields by running a report. And I also need to know if it is possible to get an average of yes/no fields. If so, how?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Currently I am calculating this in Exel, but I know there is an easier and faster way to do this in Access. Please help.

Thanks,
Tonya

OBP

Tonya, sorry no one has responded before this. The calculations you want should be achieved using a Queries/Report Combination. Note I say Queries, not query, as sometimes it takes more than one query to get what you want. Is it possible to post a zipped sample database on here so that I can see how many fields you are dealing with.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online