1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access Running Total on Form

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ticklyfloss, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ticklyfloss

ticklyfloss Thread Starter

I have a form with a subform..... the main form shows me the client information (name, address, tel no etc), the subform lists all the orders made for that particular customer.

On the sub form, I want it to perform a running total next to each order, e.g.

Order ID Order Amount Balance
    123 £25.00 £25.00
    124 £50.00 £75.00
    125 £50.00 £125.00

I can do this in a report, but I can't get it to work on a form..... I must be using the wrong calculation.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

2. OBP

OBP

ticklyfloss, this is a Major omission by Microsoft's design of Access, they have the running sum in Reports, but not Forms or for that matter Queries either.
    It is simple enough to get the overall total using the "Sum" function, but when using a "Continuous Form" a text box will only show the overall total not the Running total for each record.
    The attached database has 2 Queries in, one query adds the values in the records to give a running total and the the other subtracts the records from each other.
    The SQL code fort the subtraction query was kindly supplied by Jimmy The Hand.
    You should be able to modify the Adding Query to supply the data to your form, if you can't I can do it for you.

Attached Files:

3. ticklyfloss

ticklyfloss Thread Starter

OBP,
    That's absolutely fantastic!!!!

Thank you very much!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590654

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice