1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access Runtime 2007 - packaged program

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Margo12, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Margo12

Margo12 Thread Starter

I have created a program and packaged it in Runtime for a client. I understand that Runtime has limited capabilities but the client needs to be able to back up their program and I can't figure a way for them to do that with a menu change or even a macro. I don't want them hunting to folders to find the actual file to copy off to a flash drive because they could screw up and delete something. Is there an option in Runtime to manage the database or back up the whole database that I am missing?:eek:

2. nursell

nursell

Just use a backup program such as FBackup. This will backup the folder that the database is in.

3. OBP

OBP

Or you can use the Microsoft Scheduler to make a copy of the program.
    I have posted a database that the scheduler opens and it copies the database in to a Folder for whatever day of the week the computer is "started" on.

4. Margo12

Margo12 Thread Starter

Nah, we can always drag the file to a flash drive or something.There are plenty of ways to back it up externally, that isn't the problem. What I was looking for was a way within the program to back it up. In the full Access program you can select "manage databases" and then there is a back up option that date stamps the copy. I was wondering if Runtime had some built in back up feature that I am missing. It doesn't really come with instructions. I was hoping someone had located a feature like this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice