1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Access - Start Date and End Date in a Criteria form

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by PincivMa, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PincivMa

PincivMa Thread Starter

Hi there

I know how to do add a criteria to a Query. For example in the QBE pane in design view in the criteria row I enter this statement: Between [Start Date] And [End Date]. When I open up the form that is bound to the query, a message box pops up and I enter the required dates and I get the required data that is between the dates that I specify. However, I'm now finding out that this method is now becoming a nuisance.

Is there a way that I can have 2 unbound controls - one for the start date and the other for the end date in a criteria form. This way I input the dates I want for a particular customer and the form with the required data shows up. For example, I have already developed a criteria form for customers. I have an unbound combo box control that has customer names and when I click on a particular customer name, all the data for that customer is displayed in a form. In the row source of the unbound combo box control there is a SELECT .... FROM ... statement. I also have a button next to the unbound combo box control that opens up the form for that particular customer. Now I want to add two more Unbound controls in the criteria form, one for Start Date and another for End Date.

This way I can select a customer from the customer combo Box, select the start start date from the start date combo box and the end date from the second combo box control and get the desired data for that particular customer between the specified dates. I have attempted to do this but without success. Is this possible to do?? If so can someone please tell me how to do it - BE SPECIFIC SINCE I'M NO EXPERT HERE.

Thanks

Mario

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  3. PincivMa

PincivMa Thread Starter

Hi Anne

I will try and modify the code that you sent me to suit what I'm trying to do.

Mario

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/445799

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice