Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Access to documents

529 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Ralphish 
#1 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4025 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1820 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 285 GB (196 GB Free);
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire 5332
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Enabled and Updated
Since installing Advanced System Repair I have had nothing but trouble. I have deleted the programme but problems remain. I cannot access my documents being advised that "Normal.dotm cannot be opened. Unreadable content". I have tried to follow internet advice and delete Normal.dotm and reload but I cannot locate this file except in conjunction with a Word document - Catch 22 - one cannot delete Normal.dotm with the document open. I have further tried to locate "Set up and Repair MSXML 5.0" unsuccessfully. As you will gather I am not technically gifted but can normally follow instructions and I would be grateful for any advice.
Ralphish

See less See more
#2 ·
If you have a restore point before you installed Advanced System Repair, restore back to that point in time.

For the future, before you install any kind of program like that (cleaner or multi-purpose fixit tool) create a restore point before the install.

#3 ·
plodr! Thank you for a prompt reply. I had already tried what you suggested. May I go into a little more detail:
1st notice: Doc cannot be opened because there are probs. with the contents. No error details available.
OK
2nd notice: Word found unreadable content in doc. Do you want to recover the contents of this doc?
YES
Repeat of first message. No details available.
OK
Blue screen.
CLICK ON EXIT
3rd notice: This feature requires MSXML 5.0 to be installed. Run Setup and click Repair to restore this component.
OK
4th notice:A file error has occurred (C:\Users\Dave\Appdata\...Normal.dotm
OK
Save as window appears - File name Normal.dotm. Save as Word Macro-Enabled Template.
SAVE
5th notice: This feature requires MSXML 5.0 to be properly installed.
OK
Repeat of above.
Any advice gratefully received.
Ralphish

#4 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.