Access to partition D on hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vistanoob18

What is the key you hit at startup to access this? I fell into the trap of believe I had an actual vista disc with my laptop and it's put me in a world of hurt. I tried re-installing (yes wiped my hard drive clean) and now I can't get my computer to work obviously because the instal failed.

I heard it was F11 but that didn't work and ctrl + F11 didn't work either.

Also, will this allow me to reinstall vista properly then or will it allow me to burn the disc so I can?

Thank you.

If you wiped your drive, you may have also wiped the recovery partition on the drive. How did you do it?

You can also try booting directly from the recovery partition using SGD Boot Disk - This zip file contains both CD and floppy images. This boot disk can hide and unhide partitions, activate partitions, boot Windows or any other OS whether there is an MBR present or not, boot from a second drive, restore Windows boot (equivalent to fdisk /mbr or fixmbr), add or remove GRUB, restore LILO, live-swap drives and more.

vistanoob18

wow, thank you for all that info. I'm going to try the disk fix tonight when I get home from work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online