1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

access2002 DB courruption

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by deanziegler, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deanziegler

deanziegler Thread Starter

I got one PC on a network of 10 that for some reason keeps corrupting my DBs. I at first thought that maybe i had forgotten to run a jet 4.0 engine update i downloaded a while ago on that one machine but that doesnt seem to be the case, its installed on all my machines for sure now. The pc can open the db, and it can edit a previously saved record without a problem BUT the first time you try to save a "new" record to the database it corrupts it with the error messages " DB needsnewer version of MS ACCESS " or "Unrecognizeable DB format yada yada....". This has happened to a couple of different DBs the PC tried to update with new records the results all being the same. Could this just be a "bad install" of access on that PC??? Im out of ideas... Help!

2. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Not only would I try an uninstall-reinstall, but also ensure that the final install is the same version, but (appart from the obvious Access v.2002) make sure that all the same update patches are installed on this machine as are on the others.

You may also want to check for any software that is on this machine that is different from the others - possible conflicts.

Hope this helps,

MBN

3. deanziegler

deanziegler Thread Starter

would you believe a bad network card????? this drove me nuts but i think it solved the prob.. the card seemed to work with everything else on the PC but it had a prob with Access... well so far so good and no corrupted files since i changed it..time will tell i guess.. THANKS everone who helped!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222617

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice