Access97 Query on splitting data into different fields

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Brian Fowler

I run Access97
I have 20000+ addresses I want to rearrange

Old Fields
ADDRESS1
ADDRESS2
ADDRESS3
ADDRESS4
ADDRESS5

New Fields
Address1
Address2
PostCode
Town
County
Country

So for example in old fields 1-4 we could have post codes in any field
So for cost code Dublin 1 I want to be able to say Find Dublin 1 and Copy/Paste/Move to PostCode. It means searching through the 5 old fields and putting the identified data into the Post Code

Any help would be appreciated

Brian
Dublin, Ireland

I'm not quite sure from your explanation about your old fields. Do they have post codes intermixed with addresses, etc?

You should be able to do an update query if I am understanding you correctly. For example you could put the criteria in city name as "dublin" and in post code in the row to update you could type in the zip for Dublin and then hit update now and it will automatically add the correct code to anyone with the city of dublin. This may be practical if you have lots of dublins, lots of other cities names. However, if you only have one each of cities, this would definitely not be the solution.

Good luck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts