1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

accessibility wizard

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Billdew, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Billdew

Billdew Thread Starter

I am using window 98 and have developed a problem recently I have never had before. When I download a e-mail and then try to pull it back up , I get "there is a problem loading this file while running accessibility wizard".
    I tried to delete a/w but it still blocks the e-mail. It is driving me crazy . Please help! (n) (n)

2. Maritimesea

Maritimesea

When you say you "tried to delete Accessibility Wizard" what did you try to do? The actual way would be to go to Add/Remove programs and then click on the windows installed components tab and uncheck the entry for Accessibility Options and then press apply and o.k.

3. 911

I don't think it is the Wizard itself causing the problem, but it may be some accessibility option that you have set up through the wizard. I'm not sure that W98 is the same as Wme that I am using, but you can try clicking on Start > Help > and entering Accessibility wizard into the box. There you can see what options you are using, and by turning them off and on can track down just what the problem may be.

4. Billdew

Billdew Thread Starter

I finally found out how to delete accessibilty wizard, but now have more problem , in that I can't open downloads because I don't have ACCWIZEXE:. This is ridiculous. Who in the world is responsible for accessibility wizard. It is only suppost to be for the handicap, but is actually interferring with e-mail.It looks to me like microsoft is responsable as they produce windows 98 but trying to get an asnwer out of them is inpossible.SHAME! on them

5. Maritimesea

Maritimesea

I do not know how you have win98 set up but when I had it I never once had anything to do with anything associated with accessibility or a wizard.Sounds like it put a hex on you.

6. tracer357#1

tracer357#1 Banned

have you tried to go into your control panel and open the
    "add/remove program" icon and open the "window setup" and
    reinstall the program or just remove it?
    apparently you either have a file missing and it is causing you
    a problem also you could have a problem in your registry.
    try reinstalling the program from the windows cd and replace
    the files that's needed.
    also you can try and recover the files through sfc (system file checker).

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328248

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice