1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

accessing a program on another computer

Discussion in 'Networking' started by iwish1982, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwish1982

iwish1982 Thread Starter

We use a computer program here at work but the name doesn't matter at this time. The program is stored on one of our 3 computers and the other two can access it. We are all in the same room and this was set up by our tech guy. My boss recently asked me if there is a way for her to access this program from her office which is 5 miles away. Our tech guy recommended team viewer but I don't want my boss to take over the system I just want her to have access to the program. I have no idea how to set this up and was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction. The 3 computers here run windows 7, I believe hers runs windows 8. I hope this post is not in violation of any of the rules of the forum and if it is please let me know and I will take it down.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You could set up a VPN between the two offices but depending on the program it may not work or be fast enough over a VPN. Does this mysterious program have a web interface for such things perhaps? It would be useful to know what program it is.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141976

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice