accessing another computers hard drive?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bownsy105

I alwasy start these things with sorry if it's in the wrong place, because I really don't understand most forums to be fair :(
so once again, my apologies if it is.

but any way... I have a computer which crashed, and I can get to the screen where I can log in, but there is no longer any user profiles for me to log into, and an error message said about the drive being damaged...
so I was wondering, the computer still works... it's just the drive doesn't.
so is there any way to access this computer through my laptop and take a look at the hard drive through there to see if there is anything I can recover?
the only part im struggling with really is connecting the computers so I can explore the hard drive.
is this simple? even if it's a case of there is no chance of recovering anything, then still. is it possible to do this... as it might come in handy in the future any way.
although one last thing I must say... is there any way of doing it without removing the hard drive, as that is why im asking here as iv not found any method that means I don't have to take the computer apart.

thanks for ya help.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
You can also remove the drive and install it in another computer as a secondary drive or use a USB to PATA(IDE) or SATA adapter.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online