Accessing Bios

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gizmolabob

I keep trying to access the bios when I boot up by hitting the delete key but nothing happens. Is there another way?

PIII - 800 MHz - 133 FSB
Windows 98 SE
Maxtor 80 G 7200 RPM HD
512 MB RAM

I guess you keep hitting the delete key over and over as once isnt enough to get you into the bios screen.

Your BIOS might need a different key to get into it. Try ctrl, F8, F10, F12, jsut try hitting different keys. Sometimes delete isn't always the right one.

Rache

Banned
It should tell you on bootup which key for 'control'. On mine it's delete but on mine f10. I think you can freeze screen with pause button.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
FWIW, I've noticed that unless you hit it at the right time, the single keystroke can get lost. I just start pounding on the DEL key until I get into setup, never misses. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online