accessing cd after install of games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

uneekrose

I have several games that I play, it bugs me to have to insert the cd-rom each time I want to play them though. Isn't there a way to copy the files to my pc and have the main program find it there on my hard drive. I have a good size hard drive with plenty of space, I'm running windows xp. I have a DVD-ROM and also a CD-RW. It would be so much easier to be able to do this than to have to swith out my cd's each time. Thank you for any help in this area..........

Welcome to TSG.

However, I have to inform you that the post you made is against the RULES of the forum, so you wont find any answers here. This is because what you are asking could be technically illegal, and so it will not be dealt with here. As I'm sure you understand, if you don't need the Cd to play the game, then you don't need to purchase it, as you could just rent it, then keep playing.

Sorry.

Scorp.

Yes, you can play without the CD.. But as scorp said, I (We) can't help you with how, or where to look...

All I can say is.... Google

Super-D-38 said:
Yes, you can play without the CD.. But as scorp said, I (We) can't help you with how, or where to look...

All I can say is.... Google

Yeah super-d-38, I didn't even want to mention that, as I'm fairly new here...lol.

'I' don't want to step out of bounds either :eek:

Scorp.

That's ok... I was a bit "gung ho" about the rules too, but I've seen some help go beyond that.. Just so "we" don't get to specific.. :D

Like already said. Do a search for "playing games without CD". Something like that. Hope I don't get in trouble for this but look: Demon Tools. Thats not the real name but if you add the first letter of the alphabet between the D and the e your on your way.

Well, Daemon isn't needed to play without the CD...
An image will only cost you hard drive space... And would technically be illegal.

"No CD" is more of the grey area... It can be fine if you own the game and are just tired of using the CD... But they can be illegal if you use them with pirated games.. (n)

I think enough has been said... You have enough info, if you choose, but "we" can't go any further than this.. :rolleyes:

uneekrose

I'm sorry, I didn't know that was illegal. I do own the games and they are registered. Several years ago I had read how you can do what I wanted to do in a langa.com article but I can't find the article now, it might have been another tech support site, I don't remember but I know I had read it somewhere. Again I'm sorry. We all learn something new everyday. Thank you guys......

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts