1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Accessing GoToMyPC via Windows XP

Discussion in 'General Security' started by JenniferS, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JenniferS

JenniferS Thread Starter

Hi...I am registered with GoToMyPC.com so I can access my office computer from home. But when I log in from home and go to GoToMyPC.com, the initializing bar keeps running - and then I get a time out message.

GoToMyPC.com tech support checked everything and said the problem is within my pc. I am running Windows XP. They also said maybe it's a firewall issue. I disabled the firewall, and the same probs occurred.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks! :(

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You disabled what firewall? At home? At work? Both? Is the office computer connected to a centrally managed network?

3. JenniferS

JenniferS Thread Starter

Hi and THANKS! LOL
    I disabled the firewall at home. It's the firewall that comes with Windows XP.
    At the work end...yes, it's a centrally managed network.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You should talk to your company's IT department about policies and procedures for using this type of application. They may have blocked it.

5. JenniferS

JenniferS Thread Starter

Thanks, but I did advise my IT Dept of the problems I'm having and no they haven't blocked it. They want me to be able to access my files from home, because I work from home 2 days per week. They have offered to come to my house and try to figure it out. But...in the meantime, I'm trying to figure it out, so they don't have to.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704346

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice