1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Accessing my modem settings

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jasonsmith, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Thread Starter

Hi,
    Can someone help me? I am trying to access my modem settings through entering my IP address into Internet Explorer.

My Modem is a Thomson Speedtouch and is connected to my coputer through a USB port.

Can anyone help?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Try the IP address of the modem. :)

3. jasonsmith

Where can i find the IP address of the modem?

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Now, that depends. If your modem is actually a modem/router combo, and not in bridged mode, its address should be the gateway IP when you run ipconfig (in a Command Prompt window). And the user guide will usually give the default address.

If it is truly just a modem, good luck. My Motorola SB4200 is 192.168.100.1. Don't know if that is any kind of standard or not. The one time I called tech support the guy gave me that address.

5. DNC

DNC

6. Carey934

Carey934

Click Start, click Run, type CMD and press enter.

Type IPCONFIG and hit enter.

The gateway address is your modem/router. Open your browser and type in the gateway address to login to your modem/router.

7. jasonsmith

Thanks for all your help

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

You're welcome, of course. But please update us; modem or modem/router? Can you now access it?

And if you're all good now, please mark this 'Solved' using the Thread Tools at the upper right.

And if you need more help please give us the model number of that Thomson Speedtouch.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/696244